Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Cat Is Out of the Bag

Welp, Jon turned 38 yesterday.

Old.

I felt guilty for not making more of a big deal than I did. I got pizza from Jets and cupcakes from SugarHigh in Frankenmuth (winners of Cupcake Wars) and it was nice, having my parents, Jon's parents, my Uncle Bill and Jon's Grandma over for birthday cupcakes. Since so many key players were in the same room at once, I slipped Elle's "World's Best Sister" shirt on her and told everyone to check out Elle's new shirt. 

I have to admit that the reactions weren't quite what I'd anticipated, but it was good to just get the news out there to our initial group. 

I feel more nervous this time of having a healthy baby, like I'm almost more nervous for this baby than with Elle. It's kind of weird. 

Next steps - telling our brothers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment