Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday, Random Perfectly Boring Sunday

Today was a perfectly boring Sunday.

And the streak remains alive - we still have our baby news under wraps! That's 3 1/2 days now since I peed on a stick and haven't told my Mom, a friend, anyone. That's bizarre to me. I am typically an over-sharer of every detail of my life!

I was going to start taking weekly baby bump pictures this week, only I feel like I need to commit to a weekly outfit to wear, and I'm not sure what that's going to be yet. I don't want to commit to something in June that come February is going to look silly. Probably just a black tank and black pants -- but which black pants?! Anyway, that and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get pictures onto the computer without having to deal with a bunch of cords and randomness. So - essentially - another excuse!

Jon and I got up this morning after he'd gone out for a bachelor party last night and went to our favorite spot for breakfast, this sort of crummy little diner in Clio called "The Classic". It used to be called the Clio Kettle, so we both still call it that, of course. We like to go there because we can take Elle because it's a short-order type place and we can get in, get out, and on our way without Elle having a toddler meltdown or episode. She's well-behaved overall, but going out to eat is always a risk with a toddler.

So, we were excited for our breakfast.

Only, the Kettle failed us this Sunday morning. The service wasn't good (even Jon said so - which is quite remarkable) and it took FOR. EV. ER. So, whatever.

We came home and ended up just vegging out. I hung out downstairs on the couch and watched a movie. Jon hung out upstairs and watched a movie. And Elle kind of transitioned between the two spots, playing toys and whatnot.

Later, Elle and I went golfing and stopped to see Papa -- my Dad -- for a quick short-game lesson (for me, not her). But, it was super cute. She loves her golfing clubs and is even holding on to the club with both hands. Advanced!!

When we got home, Jon wanted to run to Menards to get hose reels and a few more things for the garage -- my brother got us these awesome Rubbermaid organizer things for the garage and Jon wanted a few more pieces of the track. So, we went to Menards and shopped a bit. As my brother works at Menards, we took this picture and sent it his way. She's a Menards girl, all the way!

In the mean time, just feeling tired today. Spent a long time just lounging today. But, I feel like we haven't had one of those days as a collective family -- so I really, really enjoyed that.

Anyway, it's now Week 5, Day 2 of growing another small human -- it IS tiring! I feel like I'm really getting my head around it. I found myself in our office (nursery-to-be #2) imagining where the rocking chair will go, what the room will look like. Well, in the office and in this exact spot, staring down pinterest searches.

So, we're getting there.






No comments:

Post a Comment